The number one challenge faced by internet business owners is lack of traffic. Obviously, if your website isn't getting any traffic, you're not generating any sales. Whether you’re selling with your website or you’re writing a blog for fun, you’d like to see dozens of comments, hundreds of shares and thousands of weekly visits. There are many ways you can increase traffic on your website, and in today’s post, we’re going to look at 9 simple steps to follow.
1. Online advertising: Paid search also known as Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising, social media advertising and display advertising are all excellent ways of attracting visitors, building your brand and getting your site in front of people. In fact, the effectiveness of online advertising is so great, that, in the UK, digital ad spend rose 13.4% in 2015, when compared to 2014. Advertising products or/and services that people want is the first ingredient. Also creating effective ads that encourage the right people to click on them is the second.
2. Email marketing: According to marketing land, 40% of qualified leads discover sites via email. So many businesses are focused on attracting new customers through content marketing that they forget about more traditional methods. Email Marketing can be a powerful tool, and even a moderately successful email blast can result in a significant uptick in driving traffic.
3. Blog: Companies that blog 20 or more times in a month see the most return in traffic and leads. Blog Management really does drive traffic to a website. We recently ran an experiment where we increased our blogging from twice per week to over 10 posts per week. The result was a 300 percent increase in traffic in just two months. And this isn’t an unusual occurrence. Another company called Convirza ran a similar experiment with even better results.
4. Get in the News: The news takes many forms in today's media; one of the most beneficial ways to drive traffic to your website is to get it featured on a popular news website. One of the top five news portals is Google News. You should concentrate on having original content, multiple authors, proper attribution, and good response time.
5. Offer a free service or product: 58% of Americans perform online research about the products and services that they are considering purchasing. Visitors are always more likely to visit your website if you offer something free. Valuable content is great to drive traffic to your website but giving people the opportunity to try something for free gives you a powerful advantage. When your offer meets success then your prospect will come back or visit your other website pages.
6. Use your email signature: Statistics from a 2010 study by The Radicati Group indicates the average worker receives about 75 emails a day and sends about 40. Multiply 40 by the number of employees at your company and you have a huge amount of views of your company website, company logo and branding. Let all those emails you send work harder for you. Place a link to your website in your email signature. People are lazy and don’t like to take time to find out what your site is or even bother typing it in the URL bar. So make it really easy for them. Make your site only a click away by placing a link to it after your name in your signature.
7. Search Engine Optimization: The success of every websites now depends on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and digital marketing strategy. If you are on the first page of all major search engines then you are ahead among your competitors in terms of online sales.” ― Dr. Christopher Dayagdag. SEO is one of the most durable ways to drive traffic to your website over time. Indicate the relevance of your content so Google can help people find you.
8. Run Contests and Promotions: Citizen Eco-Drive’s launched a popular social media competition in 2011 that offered free tickets to the U.S. Open every day for the length of the tournament. Another way to drive traffic to your website is through contests and special promotions. By requiring individuals to participate in the contest through their social media accounts, you exponentially increase your exposure and reach. Perhaps a contest is just the perfect step you need to take to increase visitors to your site.
9. Get Social: 78% of companies now have dedicated social media teams and 54% of B2B marketers claim to have generated leads using social media. It’s not enough to produce great content and hope that people find it, you have to be proactive. One of the best ways to increase traffic to your website is to use social media channels to promote your content. Social media can massively impact your business and its ability to generate traffic and sales.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!